|1||Coffin For Head Of State (Vocal)|
|2||Coffin For Head Of State (Instrumental)|
|KALP 003||Fẹla & Africa 70|| Fẹla & Africa 70 - Coffin For Head Of State (LP, Album)||Kalakuta Records||KALP 003||Nigeria||1981|
|KFR2036-1||Fela & Africa 70|| Fela & Africa 70 - Coffin For Head Of State (LP, Album, RE)||Knitting Factory Records||KFR2036-1||US||2019|
|KALP 003||Fẹla & Africa 70|| Fẹla & Africa 70 - Coffin For Head Of State (LP, Album, RE)||Kalakuta Records||KALP 003||Nigeria||Unknown|
|549 659 - 1||Fẹla & Africa 70|| Fẹla & Africa 70 - Coffin For Head Of State (LP, Album, RE)||Kalakuta||549 659 - 1||France||2001|
|549 659-1||Fẹla & Africa 70|| Fẹla & Africa 70 - Coffin For Head Of State (LP, Album, RE)||Barclay||549 659-1||France||1997|
- Alto Saxophone – Femi Anikulapo Kuti
- Baritone Saxophone – Mukoro Oweh
- Bass – Idowu Adewale, Kalanky Jallo
- Congas [1st] – Essiet Udoh
- Congas [2nd] – Dele Osho
- Drums – Masesfwe Anam, Nicho Avom
- Guitar [Rhythm] – Mardo Martino, Tunde Brown
- Guitar [Tenor] – Okalue Ojeah, Yomi Ogundipe
- Leader, Baritone Saxophone, Vocals – Lekan Animashaun
- Maracas – Wale Toriola
- Percussion [Sticks] – Alele Adama
- Piano [Rhythm] – Durotimi Ikujenyo
- Piano [Rhythm], Vocals – Dele Shosimi
- Tenor Saxophone – Oyinade Adeniran
- Trumpet [1st] – Oye Shobowale
- Trumpet [2nd] – Otenioro Olu Ifayehun
- Vocals – Alake Anikulapo Kuti, Durotimi Ikwenyo, Fehintola Anikulapo Kuti, Ihase Anikulapo Kuti, Kewe Anikulapo Kuti, Ronke Anikunifa
- Vocals, Tenor Saxophone, Electric Piano – Fela Anikulapo Kuti
The sleeve and labels are identical to non-gatefold release, but has Made in France printed on back cover.
The sleeve features photographs of a protest on September 30th 1979, the day before the head of Nigeria's military regime, General Obasanjo, was to hand power to a democratically elected civilian president, Shehu Shagari.
During the protest, the symbolic coffin of Fela's mother was laid at the entrance to Dodan Barracks, Obasanjo's residence.
Fela's mother, Funmilayo Ransome Kuti, an activist and politician, had died the previous year following injuries sustained in an attack by 'Unknown Soldiers' on Fela's Kalakuta compound.